unWired is searching for a safety-conscious Tower Climber to join our Tower team. Reporting to the Tower Manager, this position is responsible for installing various equipment on applicable towers, including new builds, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance as needed. At unWired Broadband, we provide climbing training and rescue certifications. There is no overnight travel required for this position and all time traveling in the company vehicle between our dispatch location and the tower sites is paid time. All tools are provided to Tower Climbers including safety harnesses, and a company vehicle for traveling to tower sites.
- • Perform installations, repairs, modifications, optimization, and acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment, installation of wireless infrastructure including antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, and monopoles.
- • Perform necessary testing and troubleshooting by using the required test equipment and documenting results.
- • Ensure Tower Sites documentation is adequate (equipment, pictures, contact info, etc.) for each site location.
- • Provide for an effective Scheduled Tower Maintenance Plan by performing tower maintenance as assigned. This includes regular preventative maintenance schedules as well as an effective communication regarding inventory needs.
- • Maintains and services trucks and maintains vehicles and all tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Provide for safe and efficient installation of necessary equipment per the Installation Package provided.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Minimum 1-2 years’ hands on experience in Field Installation.
- • Must be able to complete and pass Tower Safety Program and Testing, and complete training for Fall Protection Systems.
- • Must be available for after hours and weekend work.
- • Knowledge of Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company-paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection