unWired is searching for a safety-conscious Tower Climber to join our Tower team. Reporting to the
Tower Manager, this position is responsible for installing various equipment on applicable towers,
including new builds, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance as needed. At unWired Broadband,
we provide climbing training and rescue certifications. All time traveling in the company vehicle
between our dispatch location and the tower sites is paid time. All tools are provided to Tower Climbers
including safety harnesses, and a company vehicle for traveling to tower sites.
- • Perform various equipment installation on applicable towers, including but not limited to new builds, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance.
- • Perform necessary testing and troubleshooting by using the required test equipment and documenting results.
- • Ensure accurate tower site documentation is maintained (rigging forms, safety forms, equipment, pictures, contact info, etc.) for each site location.
- • Provide for an effective Scheduled Tower Maintenance Plan by performing tower maintenance as assigned. This includes regular preventative maintenance schedules as well as an effective communication regarding inventory needs.
- • Maintains and services trucks, vehicles and all tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Provide for safe and efficient installation of necessary equipment per the Installation Package provided.
- • Perform installations, repairs, modifications, optimization, and acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment, installation of wireless infrastructure including antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, and monopoles.
- • Isolate basic hardware, software, and air interface malfunctions utilizing various test equipment on multiple products and technologies.
- • Provide for compliance per FCC and Tower Owner requirements by ensuring applicable
procedures are followed at all times.
- • Provide information and reports on tower sites to the Manager as necessary.
- • Provide for an effective Scheduled Tower Maintenance Plan by performing tower maintenance as assigned. This includes regular preventative maintenance schedules as well as an effective
communication regarding inventory needs.
- • Maintain and service trucks and maintains vehicles and all tools in a clean and orderly manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Minimum 1-2 years’ hands on experience in Field Installation.
- • Must be able to complete and pass Tower Safety Program and Testing, and complete training for Fall Protection Systems.
- • Must be available for after hours and weekend work.
- • Ability to work with networking equipment including: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multitask.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company-paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 14,000 square miles between Stockton and the base of the Grapevine. Our 150 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.