unWired is searching for a Sr. Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position will play a key role in the future growth and development of the business.
- • Review billing, generate revenue recognition and A/R write-off entries, and perform analysis.
- • Create & post journal entries and perform account reconciliations as part of month end close.
- • Periodic reporting and analysis (monthly, quarterly, budget vs. actual, month over month, etc.) for management and other teams within the organization.
- • Consolidations and intercompany eliminations.
- • Support internal and external reporting requirements (e.g., sales tax, private equity, etc.).
- • Manage/assist purchase accounting, integration, and ongoing accounting for new acquisitions.
- • Maintenance of fixed asset system and depreciation.
- • Maintenance of Inventory System.
- • Ad hoc reports and analysis.
- • Assistance with forecasting and budgeting processes.
- • Liaison to others within organization on financial matters (e.g., coding, budget to actual, etc.).
- • Project management for team and organization initiatives.
- • Support annual financial audit and tax filings.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Passion for process improvement, timeliness, and accuracy.
- • Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or related field, MBA is a plus
- • 4+ years of experience in accounting.
- • Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- • Strong MS Excel skills (V-H Lookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- • Strong skills in communicating orally and in writing.
- • Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for timely reporting, projects, and initiatives.
- • Ability to work on multiple projects in a rapid-paced environment.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Over 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.