Software Engineer (Level 3)
unWired Broadband, a Fresno-based and privately-held Wireless Internet Service Provider is continuing to see significant growth and is seeking a Software Engineer. Reporting to the Architecture and Information Systems Manager, this position is responsible for designing solutions to business problems, developing applications to support business goals, and facilitating/identifying efficient software solutions. We offer growth from within and an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA accounts, company-funded 401K contributions, Profit Sharing Contributions, Defined Benefits plan, and Vacation / Sick / Holiday pay.
- • Protect the stability of the infrastructure through consistency of builds and processes.
- • Identify existing manual processes and tasks, and develop software to automate the processes and tasks.
- • Configure/implement build reporting based on plug-ins and tools.
- • Collaborate with stakeholders to define and maintain existing products and develop new tools.
- • Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code.
- • Utilize modern technology to develop lasting, scalable solutions.
- • Make recommendations and proposals on how technology and automation can improve business functions and efficiency.
- • Assist with maintaining the security and stability of Linux and Unix based systems.
- • Foster an environment of scalability and industry best practices.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that recognizes and values diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- • 5 years of experience in Linux Administration.
- • 3 years of experience in software development and programming.
- • Experience in Linux/Perl/Python/Unix Shell/Ansible Scripts – to handle complex automation and administration tasks.
- • Strong understanding of HTML, PHP, XML, SOAP, JSON and RESTful.
- • Knowledge of SQL and non-SQL data stores.
- • Familiarity with automation software such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, and Chef.
- • Familiarity with manipulating big data with software such as the ELK stack, Kafka, Grafana, and Graphite.
- • Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail; mission-critical production support experience.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in cross-functional team.
- • Experience in Continuous Integration and Build tools.
- • Experience in GIT workflows for multiple properties and APIs.
- • Experience with containerized architecture using AWS or Azure.
- • Experience in Microservice application fabric, knowledge of single-page applications.
- • Experience with SalesForce APIs.
- • Experience with network automation.
- • Experience with SNMP and Netflow.
- • Experience with network monitoring tools such as Observium, LibreNMS, Nagios, What’s Up Gold, PRTG, Solarwinds, and Zabbix.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time in office, stand and walk. This job requires the ability to enter and read material on the computer and Internet. Must be able to read and see with own eyes and work with both hands both on the computer for long durations. Must be able to communicate verbally, observe with own eyes, read and analyze data and charts and give and receive information through listening and conversing.