Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 16 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.
unWired is searching for an efficient, logical Provisioner to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Scheduling and Provisioning Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the Installation team by providing IP information, verifying the correct tower and quality signal are obtained, and resolving other technical issues.
- • Provide direct support to the Installation team by providing recommendations and azimuth for towers, providing all available tower options until a quality signal can be obtained, providing IP information and verifying that installations meet company standards for signal quality and data throughput.
- • Partner with Installation team on technical issues and trouble cases, recommending appropriate course of action.
- • Oversee the configuration of subscriber radios during installation.
- • Provide Installation team with technical support and training as needed.
- • Assist with service upgrades and downgrade, including setting up radio speeds.
- • Provide assistance to the sales department by answering technical questions.
- • Maintain and update IP Plan.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with other departments, particularly the Installation team.
- • Knowledge of WISPs and related technology.
- • Experience as an Installation Technician or Level 1 Support Technician preferred.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi task.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off