Outside Plant Director
Pay Range: $110,000.000 – $185,500.00/ year
unWired is searching for an Outside Plant Director to join our Operations team. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for directing all outside FTTH (Fiber to the Home) plant operations, overseeing the construction, maintenance, removal, replacement, and restoration of the aerial and buried cable, and transmission equipment. The position is responsible for developing all training, budget, and supervisory controls for the market expansion department.
- • Formulate and recommend strategies to Executive Team / Leadership Team for the maintenance and management of the FTTH network.
- • Collaboratively develop strategies to manage FTTH health and growth of our valuable field asset.
- • Create a “playbook” to manage and respond to congestion of the FTTH network and upgrades to support product and customer growth.
- • Create asset management/tracking for all field components.
- • Creates reports for Executive Team / Leadership Team detailing field performance in each market.
- • Provides fiscal leadership and discipline including budget management, forecasting, and executive reporting.
- • Provides direct oversight, problem-solving leadership of FTTH architecture.
- • Consolidate Fiber records and track capacity.
- • Develops fiber designs and plans to include cost efficiency and growth.
- • Develops and maintains documentation of our FTTH network.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 8 to 10 years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- • 10 years of professional experience in Network design and management.
- • 10 years of previous leadership experience.
- • 10 years of experience with telecommunications, cable, or related industry.
- • Excellent communication skills, to technical as well as non-technical audiences, including presentation, written and oral communication.
- • Strong organizational and planning skills.
- • High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- • Must be able to read, create, edit, and interpret technical documents, fiber maps and as-built drawings, AutoCad and similar tools, and legal documents related to easements and rights of way.
- • Valid driver license and ability to travel.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.