Network Automation Engineer
unWired is searching for an experienced Network Automation Engineer to join our Level 3 Engineering team. Reporting to the Level 3 Manager, this position is responsible for network administration and development of workflow automation for compliance, configuration management and software code control. The position is also responsible for the development of standards to govern the deployment of Network Automation solutions and services within core network based on best practices and model driven approach.
- • Design, configure, test, and maintain network automation tooling and processes.
- • Create and maintain documentation for automation applications and scripts.
- • Evaluate and review queries to extract data, create standard procedures, and perform occasional programming to fine tune various support systems including management and monitoring systems.
- • Monitor multiple server performance trends and recommend process improvements.
- • Identify opportunities to reduce manual deployment and validation efforts; drive zero touch automation and network self-healing.
- • Identify key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions and obtain buy-in while communicating effectively through resolution.
- • Work with multi-vendor RESTful API’s.
- • Create, modify and automate operational reports.
- • Utilize Ansible orchestration and Python scripting to simplify high volume and network-critical tasks for business partners.
- • Identify gaps in current technology processes and recommend changes.
- • Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that recognizes and values diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • 3-5+ years of advanced scripting experience using Unix Shell Scripting, Ansible, Perl, Python, and YAML.
- • 3-5+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- • 4+ years of experience with Linux OS environment.
- • 2-5+ years of experience with networking.
- • Experience working with JSON.
- • Experience configuring routers and switches.
- • Knowledgeable in network security procedures and best practices.
- • Familiarity with leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices.
- • Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- • Experience in Network monitoring tools (i.e., NetFlow Tracker, Elastic, and Splunk), is a plus.
- • Experience with React, Django, FastAPI, Celery task queuing, or SQLAlchemy.
- • Proficient in networking protocols.
- • Knowledge of writing templates including Jinja, YAML and Python.
- • Experience in Orchestration platforms, Ansible configuration, Writing playbooks etc.
- • Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skill.
- • Ability to manage initiatives including detailed planning, process management, and
- • Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail; mission-critical production
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in crossfunctional
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to
others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet
connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing
needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the
largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.