Level 3 Network Engineer
unWired is searching for a Level 3 Network Engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Level 3 Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the design, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of network hardware, systems, and software; including preparing any documentation for future reference and ensuring communication regarding network security and other issues is provided timely.
- • Develop and implement detailed logical designs in areas of:
- Switching (STP, VTP, vxLAN, EVPN, vPC)
- Routing (BGP & OSPF)
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Multicast architecture
- Layer 3 VPN
- Layer 2 VPN
- MPLS (Including VPLS, LDP, Psuedowire, and Traffic Engineering)
- • Develop secure network designs, maximizing the usage of equipment such as routers and switches.
- • Analyze traffic behaviors, identifying and resolving any congestion or traffic issues.
- • Establish procedures and best practices for data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- • Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- • Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- • Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that appreciates diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification in routing and switching, Service Provider or higher, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- • 5+ years’ experience required, preferably in a communications service provider environment.
- • Ability to design, deploy, and maintain MPLS, VPN and VRF network cores.
- • Ability to design, deploy, and maintain QoS across a service provider network.
- • Functional understanding of Layer 2 functions and switching (VLAN, VXLAN, STP, MAC Filtering, etc.).
- • Experience with VoIP, preferred.
- • Experience with Cisco is mandatory; experience with Juniper and Palo Alto, preferred.
- • High level of understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols. SR and IS-IS, preferred.
- • Experience with Cisco NXOS, IOS, IOS-XE, and IOS-XR.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Knowledge of industry standard network systems design and implementation.
- • Knowledge of security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment, preferred.
- • Experience with the following is preferred: TACACS+, RADIUS, DNS, DHCPv4, DHCPv6, or IPAM/DDI.
- • Experience with scripting in PERL, Shell, Python, or PHP, preferred.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.