Level 2 Engineer
unWired is searching for a proactive Level 2 Engineer to join our Level 2 team. Reporting to the Level 2 Supervisor, this position is responsible for engineering new installation cases, soft survey cases, maintaining current infrastructure, coordinating capacity management, network monitoring; and researching, testing and deploying new technology.
- • Review and engineer installation, soft survey, and request for quotes.
- • Assist Level 1 technicians and Provisioning with resolving more technically complex issues.
- • Configure and maintain network equipment and devices such as routers, switches, access points and microwave radio PtP and PtMP equipment.
- • Identify problem equipment and radios and provide testing and feedback for new equipment.
- • Plan and support network and computing infrastructure.
- • Document network problems and resolution for future reference.
- • Monitor network troubles, power and utilization and communicate issues and corrective actions to immediate supervisor.
- • Facilitate network repairs and work with other teams to effectively manage and resolve those network issues.
- • Perform service upgrades/downgrades.
- • Participate in an on-call rotation to monitor and respond to network issues after normal business hours.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • College degree in electronic/electrical or RF engineering or computer science, or equivalent technical, language and mathematical skills.
- • Knowledge of RF propagation characteristics of licensed and non-licensed spectrum.
- • Experience using pathloss tools to determine RF link capacities.
- • An understanding of TDMA, OFDMA, and CDMA PtMP radio networks.
- • Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux.
- • Networking: Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, PPP, MPLS.
- • Experience in network design and implementation.
- • Knowledge of Metro Ethernet Switching, VLAN’s, VLAN tagging, MPLS, OSPF, BGP switching and routing protocols.
- • Experience with network monitoring and alerting systems using SNMP and ICMP. Specific experience with LibreNMS and Observium are preferred.
- • Knowledge of network security including ACLs, Firewalls, and MFA.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection