Level 1 Technician
unWired Broadband, a Fresno-based and privately-held Wireless Internet Service Provider is continuing to see significant growth and is seeking a Level 1 Technician. Reporting to the Level 1 Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and training to customers and providing first point of contact support calls for technical and equipment issues. We offer growth from within and an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA accounts, company-funded 401K contributions, Profit Sharing Contributions, Defined Benefits plan, and Vacation / Sick / Holiday pay.
- • Provide client support and technical issue resolution via phone, email, remotely and in person.
- • Configure client’s equipment (DSL Modem / Gateway Router / Computer) to connect to the Internet.
- • Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- • Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- • Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- • Create new cases and document customer’s technical issues using company provided system. Update cases with progress of achieving the resolution.
- • Assist the sales department by answering technical questions from themselves or customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • One year of computer networking or other technical training, education or experience preferred.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Must have a firm understanding of Microsoft OS, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- • Knowledge of systems design and implementation in a database environment.
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Mathematical Ability: must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time in office, stand and walk. This job requires the ability to enter and read material on the computer and Internet. Must be able to read and see with own eyes and work with both hands both on the computer for long durations. Must be able to communicate verbally, observe with own eyes, read and analyze data and charts and give and receive information through listening and conversing.