Level 1 Technician
unWired is searching for an attentive Level 1 Technician to join our Technical Support team. Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, this position is responsible for providing technical assistance, support, and training to customers and providing first point of contact support calls for technical and equipment issues.
- • Provide client support and technical issue resolution remotely via phone and email.
- • Configure client’s equipment (DSL Modem / Gateway Router / Computer) to connect to the Internet.
- • Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to Internet.
- • Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services.
- • Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- • Create new cases and document customer’s technical issues using company provided system. Update cases with progress of achieving the resolution.
- • Assist the sales department by answering technical questions from themselves or customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • One year of computer networking or other technical training, education or experience preferred.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Must have a firm understanding of Microsoft OS, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Mathematical Ability: must be able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet
connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing
needs for connectivity, have led to 17 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the
largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.