Pay Range: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 / annually
unWired is searching for a bold, hands-on Installation Supervisor to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of their assigned installation team. The installation supervisor is responsible for providing support and assistance to all technicians that are performing work in the area.
- • Provide daily instruction to installation technicians to ensure that all jobs are completed in a timely fashion.
- • Follow up on outstanding issues and identify problem areas of the installation standards and provide solutions and feedback.
- • Communicate and identify coaching opportunities based on installation practices observed in the field.
- • Provide training to new field technicians; and identify and assist struggling teams.
- • Hold teams accountable by verifying inventory movements, reschedules, NLOS’
- • Verify job times and hours worked to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- • Ensure accountability by coaching and disciplining technicians, as needed.
- • Review and analyze installation metrics including, job times, reschedules, and productivity to ensure the team is meeting expectations.
- • Ensure that all technicians are properly equipped with the right hardware to complete daily job assignments.
- • Must be able to coordinate with the scheduling department to ensure that all technicians are working efficiently.
- • Promote safety and follow industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures.
- • Inspect vehicles on a regular basis and coordinate arrangements for required maintenance.
- • Present and participate in installers meetings in order to promote communication and morale.
- • Manage team morale and provide a positive work environment by effectively communicating with each member of your team.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that recognizes and values diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High School Diploma, or equivalent language and mathematical skills.
- • Related hands-on experience and/or training in the field of wireless networking.
- • Ability to analyze data and metrics to make informed decisions.
- • Have knowledge of all hardware interfaces that has to do with the wireless network.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.