unWired Broadband is searching for a detail-oriented HR Generalist to join our dynamic HR team. Reporting to the HR Director, this position is responsible for supporting the objectives of the HR department in functional areas such as recruitment, performance management, employee relations, benefits, training, and payroll.
- • Support the goals and day to day activities of the HR department in multiple functional areas.
- • Recruitment: Draft and revise job descriptions and job ads (like this one), post jobs, review resumes, draft interview questions, schedule interviews, conduct phone screenings, participate in panel interviews, take and compile notes, maintain master search documents, send regular updates to hiring managers, maintain candidate pool, attend pertinent job fairs.
- • Performance Management: Track review due dates and partner with reviewers, assist with drafting and review of completed forms, participate in review meetings, participate in updated and modifications for review form and process.
- • Employee relations: Participate in disciplinary action meetings and investigations, coordinate employee survey process, answer routine policy and compliance questions, take notes and follow up on employee concerns.
- • Benefits: Answer routine questions about entire benefits suite, coordinate with brokers and carriers on enrollment and other issues, participate in annual open enrollment process.
- • Training: Assist with creation and revision of training documents, maintain training rosters.
- • Time & Attendance / Payroll: Manage regular rate of pay (hybrid OT) calculations, establish controls and report on OT/Meal premiums, follow up with affected employees, review and update timecards as necessary, assist with payroll processing as necessary.
- • Administrative: Complete verifications of employment, respond to subpoenas for records and other qualified document requests, update employee information in payroll system, complete new-hire and termination checklists, manage LOA documentation, take notes from employee meetings, create and maintain electronic notes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, Org Development, Management or Psychology required.
- • Certification: aPHR / PHR or similar preferred.
- • HR experience or internship preferred.
- • Above average interpersonal skills required.
- • Flexible schedule (availability for early morning meetings specifically) required.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information required.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing required.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet
connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing
needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the
largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.