Full Stack Developer
Pay range: $75,000.00 – $120,000.00 annually
unWired is searching for an amenable Full Stack Developer to join our Level 3 Engineering team. Reporting to the Level 3 Manager, this position is responsible for building new code and establishing software integration.
- • Build and maintain integrations between software platforms.
- • Utilize API’s with 3rd party software for automation and data ingestion.
- • Test code written by colleagues to verify function, efficiency, and security.
- • Assist with maintaining existing applications and servers.
- • Work with colleagues and department managers to identify business processes that can be automated.
- • Proactively gather feedback and requirements from users and helps research solutions.
- • Manage system changes while minimizing interruption to the user.
- • Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- • Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations.
- • Create new reporting capabilities and responds to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- • Maintain system security and integrity including sharing rules and security levels.
- • Proactively seek out and identifies needed system changes and continually seeks ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
- • Promote data integrity by identifying and correcting data inconsistencies across all internal software platforms and monitoring systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes; Hadoop, Kafka, Spark or Elasticsearch; analytics and reporting; ELK stack; Ansible or Prometheus; and with time series databases preferred.
- • Experience using Python in a real-world environment (not websites) preferred.
- • Experience with FastAPI, Django, SQLAlchemy, Alembic ORM, and Celery task queuing.
- • Skilled in analyzing and gathering information based on business requirements and processes.
- • Skilled in following coding standards, best practices, design patterns and code reusability.
- • Skilled in writing highly modular and unit testable code for both front end and server-side code.
- • Experience with PHP, Python, Bash, full stack development and front-end development, SQL and relational databases, Linux server administration, utilizing 3rd party API’s, and Git or other version control systems.
- • Familiar with software security best practices.
- • Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- • Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- • Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- • Can-do attitude, humility and open mindedness.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Ability to focus on and complete multiple tasks with attention to detail and organization.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Over 180 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.