Field Operations Manager
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 16 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.
unWired is searching for a Field Operations Manager to join our Field Services team. Reporting to the Field Operations Director, this position is responsible for providing leadership to the Field Service department by ensuring all teams are operating safely and efficiently to meet quality and productivity requirements.
- • Manage the daily activities of the Field Service department, include training, performance metrics monitoring, planning and analyzing to ensure that technicians are working effectively and efficiently.
- •Lead, train, and develop all supervisors and technicians and in a manner that ensures optimum performance and customer experience.
- • Coordinate with supervisors to establish and maintain an efficient daily technician workload within all timeframe requirements and installation/repair specifications.
- • Ensure a highly competent and committed staff by recruiting, hiring, developing, training, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and rewarding all Field Service employees.
- • Ensure compliance with quality control and safety requirements.
- • Maintain and control install-related company assets and inventory.
- • Assist with the management of the Fleet Program by coordinating repairs and tracking vehicle related changes.
- • Analyze operations, identify performance issues, and recommend and implement corrective action.
- • Hold regular staff meetings for timely communications of organizational and department directives and changes.
- • Complete and present timely reports and metrics to stakeholders that summarize all operational concerns (i.e. quality control, workload, system and staffing needs).
- • Initiate troubleshooting and corrective actions upon receipt of network events, logs and customer reports.
- • Serve as a point of contact for customer escalation inquiries.
- • Manage vendor relationships and assist with procurement.
- • Read and analyze various production schedules and reports to determine production requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Education: High School diploma or equivalent skills.
- • Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in construction management or similar leadership role.
- • 5 plus years’ experience in the telecommunication’s field.
- • Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the telecommunications field.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multitask.
- • Mastery skill in creative and adaptive program planning design, implementation, maintenance,
- • Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates
others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information
effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative
situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability
to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to
others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off