Field Installation Technician
Pay Range: $18.00 – $28.00/hr
unWired is searching for an efficient Field Installation Technicians in each of our regional teams. This position is responsible for installing and configuring customer subscribing equipment for internet service. We have openings based out of Fresno, Tulare and Sacramento.
- • Install and set up customer subscribing equipment for internet service.
- • Install cables and wiring according to work order specifications.
- • Ensure cables and wiring are installed in compliance with fire codes.
- • Test and repair cabling using required test equipment as necessary.
- • Maintain accurate records for jobs completed.
- • Respond to customer inquiries in accordance with company guidelines.
- • Follow industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures.
- • Maintain and service trucks and maintains vehicles in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Schedule and deliver vehicles for maintenance and service, and maintains mileage logs.
- • Maintain tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Complete service work orders in an efficient, professional manner each day.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment preferred.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with the general public.
- • Experience in construction type of environments is ideal.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Multi-task oriented.
- • Must have and maintain a clear DMV record and the ability to drive for business purposes.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection