Field Construction Specialist
Pay range: $30.00 – $40.00/hr
unWired Broadband is searching for a self-sufficient Field Construction Specialist to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position is responsible for site constructions and ensuring construction tasks are completed within set timelines. The scope of work includes new site construction as well as upgrades to new and augmented tower sites, expansions, and relocations and/or upgrades.
- • Complete site construction within required timelines which includes tower builds, network expansions, augments, tower relocations and/or upgrades, RF microwave systems, and maintenance and quality checks.
- • Ensure compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations during site builds. Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations as applicable on an on-going basis as well as effectively communicating any potential issues.
- • Review assigned projects and create material list including the sourcing of equipment to project specifications.
- • Initiate approved projects by creating and submitting purchase orders.
- • Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment. Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- • Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- • Perform labor tasks including fabricating and assembling equipment using hand or power tools; digging trenches and laying conduit; framing and pouring concrete; running appropriate power, ground or cabling as needed.
- • Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software.
- • Maintain and/or increase technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and attending relevant training sessions as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • California Electrician certification required.
- • 2-3 years’ experience in new & remodel commercial construction, building codes, design manuals and construction practices.
- • 1-2 years’ experience with various permitting agencies and county requirements.
- • Advanced knowledge and ability to use hand tools, and ability to learn proper function and techniques for operating tools as it applies to our scope of work.
- • Basic knowledge and abilities to frame, pour, and finish concrete and willingness to learn techniques and tool function as it applies to our scope of work.
- • Knowledge NEC standards and how they apply to our scope of work.
- • Knowledge of electrical theories, system designs, and troubleshooting techniques for both AC and DC power.
- • Knowledge of HVAC systems and troubleshooting techniques for our systems.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Excellent Leadership Skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complimentary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 14,000 square miles between Stockton and the base of the Grapevine. Our 150 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.