Pay Range: $70,000-$120,000/year
unWired is searching for a proactive DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Level 3 Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining application infrastructure and security, developing CI/CD pipelines to support new and existing applications, and monitoring application environments.
- • Work with the Software Engineering team to build, deploy, and monitor applications.
- • Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for code quality, unit testing, coverage reports, application builds, deployment, etc.
- • Monitor and troubleshoot application environments, respond to alerts/issues in a timely manner.
- • Protect the stability of the infrastructure through consistency of builds and processes.
- • Identify existing manual processes and develop software to automate the processes and tasks.
- • Collaborate with stakeholders to define and maintain existing products and develop new tools.
- • Deliver modern, testable, and maintainable code.
- • Utilize modern technology to develop lasting, scalable solutions.
- • Make recommendations and proposals on how technology and automation can improve business functions and efficiency.
- • Assist with maintaining the security and stability of Linux and Unix based systems.
- • Foster an environment of scalability and industry best practices.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that recognizes and values diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- • 5 years of experience in Linux Administration or similar experience.
- • 3 years of experience in software development or similar experience.
- • Experience with container orchestration, including Kubernetes.
- • Experience managing on-premise infrastructure systems with VMware vSphere.
- • Experience with distributed storage tools and concepts, such as Ceph, Gluster, etc.
- • Experience with load balancers, forward and reverse proxies, and container ingress, such as HAproxy and Nginx.
- • Experience in Linux/Perl/Python/Unix Shell/Ansible Scripts – to handle complex automation and administration tasks.
- • Familiarity with automation software such as Ansible, Terraform, Salt, Puppet, and Chef.
- • Familiarity with manipulating data with software such as the Splunk, ELK stack, InfluxDB, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- • Experience in Microservice application fabric, knowledge of single-page applications.
- • Experience with SalesForce APIs preferred.
- • Experience with network automation preferred.
- • Experience with SNMP and Netflow preferred.
- • Experience with network monitoring tools such as Observium, LibreNMS, Nagios, Solarwinds, and Zabbix.
- • Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail; mission-critical production support experience.
- • Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in cross-functional team.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 19 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.