Desktop Support Technician
Pay Range: $22.16 – $28.27 / hour
unWired is searching for an organized and articulate Desktop Support Technician to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Information Systems Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing technical support to all unWired employees, and monitoring / maintaining the computer systems and phone networks for the company. This includes installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, and solving technical and application problems.
- • Provide assistance to end-users with hardware, software, and network-related issues. This involves diagnosing problems, identifying root causes, and resolving or escalating them accordingly.
- • Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, laptops, printers, scanners, and other peripheral devices. This may involve replacing or upgrading components, ensuring proper connectivity, and resolving hardware-related issues.
- • Manage iOS and Android devices, assign Google accounts or Apple IDs to all employees,document the information, and monitor data utilization. Send broken phones in for repair and purchase new devices and services as needed.
- • Assist with network connectivity issues, such as troubleshooting network connectivity problems, configuring network settings, and resolving network-related errors. This may involve troubleshooting wired and wireless connections, routers, switches, and other network equipment.
- • Install, configure, and update software applications, operating systems, and drivers on end-user devices. This includes ensuring compatibility, resolving software conflicts, and troubleshooting installation or configuration issues.
- • Create and manage user accounts, passwords, and permissions. This involves set up of new user accounts, modifying existing accounts, and ensuring appropriate access rights for different individuals or groups.
- • Perform regular backups of user data and system configurations to prevent data loss in case of hardware failure, software corruption, or security breaches. This may involve utilizing backup software, configuring backup schedules, and verifying backup integrity.
- • Implement security protocols, antivirus software and other security software to protect end-user devices from malware, viruses, and other security threats. This includes conducting regular security updates, monitoring for potential vulnerabilities, monitoring security notifications, and educating end-users about best security practices.
- • Manage all RFID badges for unWired employees, co-location customers, and vendors. This includes adding individuals, badges, organizations, and assigning profiles to badges. Observe for any malfunctioning alarm panels, badge swipes or system failures.
- • Maintain accurate documentation of technical procedures, known issues, and resolutions for future reference and maintain living documents of software/ hardware license and subscription information.
- • Provide remote assistance to end-users through phone, email, or remote desktop tools.
- • Setup and install phone hardware and configure and troubleshoot VoIP phone system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Certificate or associate degree in IT; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- • One (1) or more years of hands on experience with knowledge of installing applications, hardware and troubleshooting techniques.
- • Microsoft and/or PC certification (A+, Network+, etc.) preferred.
- • Experience with Microsoft desktop operating system and Macintosh operating system
- • Experience with applications installation and support (Microsoft Office and Outlook).
- • Knowledge of iOS & Android operating systems with experience utilizing MDM.
- • Experience on multiple platforms including concepts of networking (LAN and WAN) and IS best practices.
- • Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware malfunctions.
- • Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- • Excellent Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason.
- • Excellent Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.