Billing Customer Service Representative
unWired is searching for a versatile Customer Service Representative (Billing) to join our dynamic Billing team. Reporting to the Billing Supervisor, this position is responsible for excellent customer service, and timely set up of new subscriptions to ensure accurate invoicing and timely collection of accounts receivables.
- Answer a high volume of incoming calls to billing department.
- • Process operations cases and activate subscriptions.
- • Process cancellation cases including removing or cancelling subscriptions per cancellation requests and performing final billing.
- • Process upgrade/downgrade cases.
- • Run Bill runs and Payment runs daily. Print and email all invoices as applicable.
- • Post checks and deposit daily, including remote deposit and verification of totals.
- • Take cash deposits to the bank as needed.
- • Generate unapplied credit memo and unapplied payment reports and apply as needed prior to collections processing.
- • Run aging report and place calls to customers regarding past due accounts.
- • Create payment arrangements with past due customers, including creating payment arrangement cases.
- • Process shutdowns with re-connect fees, disable IP and suspend subscription.
- • Process pre-collection and final notices as necessary.
- • Prepare assignment paperwork for unresolved past due accounts to be sent to the collections agency.
- • Update customer contact information (names, phone numbers, email, billing address) when needed.
- • Provide for accurate filing of billing paperwork.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High School Diploma or equivalent; or comparable knowledge and experience.
- • 3 years of experience in billing, preferably subscription billing.
- • Knowledge of accounting and compliance requirements.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing.
- • Intermediate skills in accounting processes.
- • Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for timely reporting, projects, and initiatives.
- • Must be process-oriented, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a rapid-paced environment.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet
connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing
needs for connectivity, have led to 18 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the
largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.