Customer Service Representative
Pay Range: $32,240.00 – $80,240.00/annually
unWired Broadband is searching for a positive Customer Service Representative to join our Sales team. Reporting to the Sales Director, this position is responsible for communications with the existing customer base to help find resolution to their questions/issues with their account. This could include the right plan for their internet needs, processing payments, updating billing information, processing moves, adds, and changes to the account.
- • Act as a front-line support position for the company and serve as the familiar voice to our long-term customer base.
- • Answer in-bound calls, e-mails, SMS messages, etc. from existing customers and assess their needs regarding their account(s).
- • Assist customers in billing related matters such as processing payments, updating billing information, suspending their account, etc.
- • Identify opportunities to sell additional connections, upgrades, company products and services to existing customers.
- • Proactively contact customers to notify of equipment changes and upgrades.
- • Process moves, additions, and changes to customers’ accounts.
- • Resolve customer inquiries by determining customer pain points and offering solutions to drive company revenue.
- • Enter and update customer contact and account information into the appropriate software system.
- • Respond to customer emails and voicemails in a professional and timely manner.
- • Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company values; promote an environment that recognizes and values diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- • Ensure a safe, healthy work environment by following all safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, and regulations per the Company’s IIPP, job safe practices and other related programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High School Diploma, or equivalent language and mathematical skills.
- • Experience interacting with customers in a call center environment, customer retention center, or retail environment.
- • Must be customer service oriented and able to provide a positive customer experience.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing.
- • Ability to work with technology such as Microsoft Office, CRMs such as Salesforce, and SIP phone systems.
- • Strong multitasking skills with the ability to adapt and move quickly from one thing to another within a loosely defined support model where the conversation and tasks change quickly.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary Internet Connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Over 180 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.