Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 17 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.
unWired is searching for an organized, resourceful CAD Designer to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Outside Plant Director, this position is responsible for creating and updating tower-related construction drawings. This position is also responsible for coordinating all facets of permitting for projects.
- • Design and draft detailed construction drawings of site locations and site plans in a digital/electronic format from preliminary design drawings, field notes and/or verbal and written information.
- • Ensure all drawings are formatted to company standards and municipality specifications, including site plan, tower elevation, equipment specifications, and electrical specifications.
- • Complete or assist with close-out packages, creating as-built documentation and updating related records.
- • Keep up to date with technology and apply new knowledge to the position.
- • Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization professionally to customers, the public, government, and other external entities via writing, email, telephone or in-person.
- • Review drawings for accuracy and completeness and make necessary revisions.
- • Incorporate survey data to prepare drawings.
- • Participate in project meetings as needed.
- • Research and understand municipality permitting requirements.
- • Submit applications, pay and collect the appropriate permits needed for each project.
- • Work closely with the Project Manager to track and manage lifecycles of all permits.
- • Interact with city, county and state municipalities relating to permitting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High school diploma or equivalent knowledge and experience required; CAD certification or experience preferable.
- • 1 year of experience in permitting, project permitting or municipal liaison experience.
- • Understanding of permitting codes, policies and requirements, to expedite the construction permit process.
- • Must be detail oriented with a high attention to detail.
- • Must be highly motivated with the ability to manage own time and meet deadlines, independent and resourceful.
- • Proficient in computer software programs such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- • Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off