Bucket Truck Installation Technician
unWired Broadband is searching for a Bucket Truck Installation Technician to join the Construction Team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position is responsible for specialty installations and those that require the use of the bucket truck.
This position requires DOT Physical and Drug Screening as well as ability to pass Certifications. In addition to NLOS-focused installs this crew will also be supporting Tower Sites so the ability to be available for weekend and after-hours work is required. Must have excellent attendance and overall work record.
- • Complete work orders including installation, router configuration, new router install, service, & removals.
- • Prepare work site set up by completing a worksite hazard assessment and set up appropriate barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public as required.
- • Review NLOS’s on a weekly basis ensuring a clear understanding of issue.
- • Provide for efficient Point to Point (PTP) troubleshooting and installation as needed.
- • Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools, dig trenches and lay conduit, pour concrete, run appropriate power, ground or cabling as needed.
- • Ensure cables and wiring are installed in compliance with fire codes.
- • Test and repair cabling using required test equipment as necessary.
- • Maintain accurate records for jobs completed.
- • Respond to customer inquiries in accordance with company guidelines.
- • Follow industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures.
- • Maintain and service trucks and maintains vehicles in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Schedules and deliver vehicles for maintenance and service, and maintains mileage logs.
- • Maintains tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Troubleshoot and resolve installation issues and discrepancies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • 1 year hands on experience in an installation-related position required.
- • 6 months experience with heavy equipment operation and safety guidelines preferred.
- • 1 year in a construction-related position preferred.
- • Must pass DOT Physical and Drug Screening.
- • Must pass and maintain Operator Certification.
- • Must have knowledge of and ability to identify electrical hazards.
- • Ability to work at remote locations after hours or during weekends is required.
- • Skilled in communicating orally and in writing with the general public.
- • Experience in construction type of environments is ideal.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Multi-task oriented.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions, including Defined Benefits and Profit-Sharing
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off