unWired is searching for a customer service-oriented Billing Supervisor to join our Billing team. Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for leading and directing the work of the Billing team, ensuring exceptional white glove service and assisting with escalated calls.
- • Lead and direct the work of the Billing Team, training and developing new and current employees as necessary.
- • Ensure unWired’s Billing department is providing customers with outstanding support including timely communication of issues and actions being taken to resolve them.
- • Analyze department activities and develop tools and process improvements to optimize service and staff performance.
- • Plan, prioritize, and schedule daily activities to ensure maximum issue resolutions in a minimum time.
- • Determine and enforce department standards, key metrics and benchmarks.
- • Regularly monitor phone calls and review with representatives, providing coaching and feedback.
- • Ensure staff uses required tools and procedures to identify, document, track and resolve customer issues and concerns.
- • Answer specialists’ questions, guiding them through difficult calls or issues, diffusing angry customers, and handling escalated calls.
- • Make recommendations to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- • Identify gaps in customer service skills or job-specific knowledge and seek out training options, internally and externally, to ensure that staff have the knowledge needed to meet their objectives.
- • Supervise and/or perform additional duties such as AR, bank deposits, shut off notices, processing disconnects.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High School Diploma, or equivalent language and mathematical skills.
- • Experience in Microsoft Office Programs, accounting software or CRM software (Salesforce, Zuora).
- • Basic understanding of accounting and compliance requirements.
- • Call center / contact center leadership experience required.
- • Proficiency in SalesForce preferred.
- • Experience with subscription billing preferred.
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- • Skilled in creative and adaptive program planning design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation.
- • Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by ever-increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 17 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.