Associate Project Manager
Pay Range: $25.00 – $33.00 / hour
unWired is searching for a motivated Associate Project Manager to join our fast paced Outside Plant team. Reporting to the Outside Plant Director, this position is responsible for managing project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of work. This includes developing and updating project plans for communication systems technology projects, including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- • Ensure effective project management by participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, project budget and funding requirements, schedules, information specifications, permitting needs, technologies, staffing, and other priorities.
- • Evaluate and review completed work to include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI).
- • Identify, review, or help select vendors or consultants to meet project needs.
- • Assist in maintaining and providing FCC licensing within specified guidelines.
- • Conduct research, analyze data, and make necessary recommendations regarding operational processes and issues, including providing relevant feedback with the development of project management standards.
- • Monitor, track, and submit project milestones and deliverables as identified while conferring with project personnel to identify and resolve problems to meet required project timelines.
- • Management of installation of order submission, update, status and escalations.
- • Follow up and review all in-flight municipality permits, up to and including final sign-off.
- • Initiate, submit, review, and/or approve tower modifications to project plans in a timely manner and perform risk assessments to develop response strategies as needed.
- • Prepare and submit timely project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- • Ensure necessary training programs are in place and implemented based on new and revised systems, procedures, and/or applications. This includes assisting in developing, organizing, and supervising such programs, responding to user questions, and providing necessary support and/or additional training.
- • Communicate effectively with Support, Sales, Scheduling, Accounting, Construction, Towers and Human Resources regarding customer projects and employee issues promptly and on time.
- • Maintains adherence to the set procedures and promptly informs the Outside Plant Director of any necessary deviations, including an amended proposal to update the policy if needed.
- • Promote teamwork and achievement of unWired Broadband goals by coordinating and participating in meetings between all departments to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information.
- • Participate in forecasting trends and long-term planning for the Department.
- • Provide information and reports on facility operations to the Outside Plant Director as necessary.
- • Participate in meetings, providing information and reports as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field with 2+ years’ experience, preferably in a communications service provider environment.
- • A minimum of 2-3 years in a project coordinator role.
- • Experience with SalesForce is highly desirable.
- • Knowledge of file management.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- • Mastery kills in creative and adaptive program planning design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation.
- • Excellent leadership Skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform, gives recognition and feedback, and influences others effectively.
- • Problem-Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.