Associate Project Coordinator
Pay Range: $25.00 – $33.50 / hour
unWired is searching for a motivated Associate Project Coordinator to join our growing Outside Plant team. Reporting to the Outside Plant Director, this position is responsible for assisting with project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of work. This includes assistance in developing and updating project plans for communication systems technology projects.
- • Ensure effective Project Coordination by participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, project budget and funding requirements, schedules, information specifications, permitting needs, technologies, staffing, and other priorities as applicable to aid in implementing new and revised systems in an effort to provide for effective and efficient services and operations.
- • Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- • Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- • Provide administrative support as needed.
- • Evaluate and review completed work to include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI).
- • Identify, review, or help select vendors or consultants to meet project needs.
- • Assist in maintaining and providing FCC licensing within specified guidelines.
- • Monitor, track, and submit project milestones and deliverables as identified while conferring with project personnel to identify and resolve problems to meet required project timelines.
- • Follow up and review all in-flight municipality permits, up to and including final sign-off.
- • Initiate, submit, review, and/or approve tower modifications to project plans in a timely manner and perform risk assessments to develop response strategies as needed.
- • Prepare and submit timely project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- • Prepare leases/subleases and related documents.
- • Maintain and update the lease activities in a database.
- • Maintain relationships with landlords.
- • Maintain, track, and update critical dates of the lease agreements, amendments, MOUs, trade connections, and other agreements.
- • Create, maintain, and update lease templates as needed.
- • Ensure accuracy of documents and records.
- • Request, track and submit required documents to amend lease agreements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Degree in IT or related field with 2+ years’ experience, preferably in a communications service provider environment.
- • 2-3 years in a project-related role is preferred.
- • Experience with SalesForce is highly desirable.
- • Knowledge of file management, providing abstract for lease agreements, and other administrative procedures.
- • Advanced verbal and written communication with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- • Mastery skills in creative and adaptive program planning design, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation.
- • Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform, gives recognition and feedback, and influences others effectively.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
- • Complementary internet connection
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.