Associate Developer, Operations
unWired is searching for an amenable Associate Developer, Operations to join our Level 3 Engineering team. Reporting to the Level 3 Manager, this position is responsible for building new code and setting up software integration for the Operations Team.
- • Build and maintain integrations between software platforms.
- • Utilize API’s with 3rd party software for automation and data ingestion.
- • Test code written by colleagues to verify function, efficiency, and security.
- • Assist with maintaining existing applications and servers.
- • Work with colleagues and department managers to identify business processes that can be automated.
- • Proactively gather feedback and requirements from users and helps research solutions.
- • Manage system changes while minimizing interruption to the user.
- • Modify the system to increase benefits and usability.
- • Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations.
- • Create new reporting capabilities and responds to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- • Maintain system security and integrity including sharing rules and security levels.
- • Proactively seek out and identifies needed system changes and continually seeks ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
- • Monitor and gives ideas and solutions on improving data quality.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- • Ability to focus on and complete multiple tasks with attention to detail and organization.
- • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- • Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- • Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- • Can-do attitude, humility and open mindedness.
- • Skilled in analyzing and gathering information based on business requirements and processes.
- • Skilled in following coding standards, best practices, design patterns and code reusability.
- • Skilled in writing highly modular and unit testable code for both front end and server-side code.
- • Experience with PHP, Python, Bash, full stack development and front-end development, SQL and relational databases, Linux server administration, utilizing 3rd party API’s, and Git or other version control systems.
- • Familiar with software security best practices
- • Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes; Hadoop, Kafka, Spark or Elasticsearch; analytics and reporting; ELK stack; Ansible or Prometheus; and with time series databases preferred.
- • Experience using Python in a real-world environment (not websites) preferred.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet
connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing
needs for connectivity, have led to 17 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the
largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.