Aerial Construction Assistant
unWired Broadband, a Fresno-based and privately held Wireless Internet Service Provider, is continuing to see growth and is seeking a talented Aerial Construction Assistant. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position is responsible for providing assistance in the field for site construction which includes customer site builds, customer site installs, tower builds, network expansions, augments, tower relocations and/or upgrades, RF microwave systems, maintenance, and quality checks.
- • Assist with the operation of a digger derrick truck, coupled with a 30′ pole trailer, including spotter techniques.
- • Care for the digger derrick vehicle in a safe and responsible manner: Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- • Complete and verify accuracy of all paperwork, time sheets, vehicle inspection, and logs, as well as managing and updating all cases, purchase orders, and additional information in Salesforce for effective and accurate record keeping.
- • Visually assess digging areas to ensure that areas have been staked/located prior to digging.
- • Assists with job site setup and clean-up as necessary.
- • Safely load equipment, secure load, transport and unload construction equipment.
- • Assist with compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations during all construction tasks, Specifically NEC/NESC. Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations/cost/and timelines as applicable on an on-going basis communicating any potential issues.
- • Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment. Interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or diagrams.
- • Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- • Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools, dig trenches and lay conduit, pour concrete, run appropriate power, ground or cabling as needed.
- • Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Basic knowledge and abilities to identify and use hand tools such as screw drivers, sockets, ratchets, pliers, etc. and willingness to learn proper function and techniques for operating such tools as it applies to our scope of work.
- • Must be able to work at heights in excess of 20’+.
- • Basic knowledge and abilities to identify and use power tools such as drills, Sawzall, etc. and willingness to learn proper function and techniques for operating such tools as it applies to our scope of work.
- • Basic knowledge and abilities to frame, pour, and finish concrete and willingness to learn techniques and tool function as it applies to our scope of work.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.