Accounts Payable (AP) Analyst
unWired is searching for a meticulous Accounts Payable (AP) Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Controller, this position is responsible for maintaining and analyzes activities in the accounts payable/receivable functions such as ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, maintaining accurate records and supporting the accounting department by communicating with clients and vendors, and performing clerical tasks and duties as needed.
- • Process, code and post accounts payable invoices and process payments.
- • Verify invoices by utilizing the three-way match concept.
- • Track, manage, and collect company credit card expenses and receipts.
- • Code and post company credit card activity.
- • Assist with account reconciliations as assigned.
- • Research purchase orders by working with various department heads and vendors.
- • Complete and set up vendor accounts by requesting W9’s and completing credit applications.
- • Work with vendors to solve disputes and payment issues.
- • Prepare and enter journal entries as well as entering ones prepared by others.
- • Process 1099’s annually.
- • Assist in the annual budget process and monthly budget to actual review.
- • Assist with year-end close.
- • Maintain vendor files and payment receipts.
- • Prepare payments for mailing.
- • Collect, open and distribute incoming mail.
- • Perform bank deposits, as needed.
- • Assist all department heads with various accounting functions.
- • Manage, track and order all office supplies.
- • Assist the Billing department as necessary by answering customer calls, taking payments, and posting checks.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • High School Diploma, or equivalent language and mathematical skills.
- • Experience in in Accounts Payable or experience working in an accounting department.
- • Experience in Microsoft Office Programs, accounting software or CRM software (Salesforce or Zoura).
- • Basic understanding of accounting and compliance requirements.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and providers.
- • Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility for timely reporting, projects, and initiatives.
- • Must be process oriented.
- • Ability to work on multiple projects in a rapid-paced environment.
- • Excellent leadership skills: inspires respect and trust, displays passion and optimism, motivates others to perform; gives recognition and feedback, influences others effectively.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative
situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability
to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to
others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- • Company paid Life Insurance
- • Long Term Disability Insurance
- • Flexible Spending Accounts
- • 401K with generous company contributions and Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Holiday, Vacation and Sick paid time off
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by everincreasing needs for connectivity, have led to 17 years of continuous growth. We are now one of the largest Fixed Wireless Internet providers in the nation.