Installation Technician (Field)
Local Fresno Internet Service/Fixed Wireless Provider is continuing to see significant growth year over year and is seeking Field Installation Technicians. This position is responsible for installing and configuring customer subscribing equipment for internet service. We offer growth from within, an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Defined Benefits contributions, Profit Sharing, and Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered.
- Installs and sets up customer subscribing equipment for internet service.
- Installs cables and wiring according to work order specifications.
- Ensures cables and wiring are installed in compliance with fire codes.
- Tests and repairs cabling using required test equipment as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records for jobs completed.
- Responds to customer inquiries in accordance with company guidelines.
- Follows industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains and services trucks and maintains vehicles in a clean and orderly manner.
- Schedules and delivers vehicles for maintenance and service, and maintains mileage logs.
- Maintains tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- Completes service work orders in an efficient, professional manner each day.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment preferred.
- Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with the general public.
- Experience in construction type of environments is ideal.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, climb; use arms, hands, fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time in vehicle, climb ladder, stand and walk. Must be able to work on roofs, in hot and cold environments as well as in attics and crawl spaces. Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online below.