Outside Plant Engineer
Pay Range: $75,600.00 – $131,500.00 annual equivalent
unWired is searching for an Outside Plant Engineer to join our Operations team. Reporting to the Outside Plant Director, this position is responsible for coordinating all phases of an outside plant build to ensure that builds are completed as designed. This includes all outside plant jobs involving the installation, removal, or rearrangement of outside plant facilities.
- • Coordinate with Fiber Engineers to verify preliminary designs against real-world conditions of the build area.
- • Coordinate with Pre-Construction for permitting and work with Engineering to adjust the design and approach as necessary.
- • Verify that preliminary fiber designs can be built as designed by conducting ride-outs during pre-construction phase, including preliminary design pole verification, parcel verification, design verification, utility verification, identify routing obstacles, and aerial to underground percentage verification.
- • Act as a liaison between Construction Field Managers and Engineering to answer questions from contractors on designs during the build phase.
- • Coordinate with Construction Field Managers and contractors to verify build completion was per design and obtain/verify as-built documents for entry into the Fiber optics databases.
- • Conduct site surveys.
- • Locate fiber optic cables.
- • Help to develop accurate fiber construction estimates.
Conocimientos, destrezas y habilidades requeridos:
- • High School Diploma or equivalent; or demonstrated communication and mathematical proficiency.
- • GIS experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry related to project design OSP Engineering.
- • Four years of experience in telecom, fiber network design or outside plant construction.
- • Proven planning and organization skills in a dynamic and high growth work environment.
- • Project management experience preferred.
- • Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- • In-depth understanding of GIS and fiber design/management tools such as Bentley Fiber, Lode Data, Vetro, ArcGIS, OSP Insight, 3-GIS, or QGIS preferred.
- • Thorough understanding of Rights of Way, private easements, and existing utilities (water sewer, gas, poles, etc.)
- • Knowledge of state and municipal permits and easements.
- • Ability to interact with coworkers, customers, municipalities, Telco Engineers, and contractors to acquire Outside Plant Records, assessor maps, map info, and construction prints.
- • Experience reading blueprints, conduit prints, and floor plans.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- • Must be able to read, create, and interpret technical documents, fiber maps and as-built drawings, and legal documents related to easements and rights of way.
- • Ability to successfully select and communicate with contractors and vendors performing work or providing related materials to the company.
- • Valid driver license and ability to travel.
- • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with company subsidies
- • Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- • Seguro de discapacidad a largo plazo
- • Cuentas de gastos flexibles
- • 401K with company contributions, including discretionary Profit-Sharing contributions
- • Días festivos, vacaciones y tiempo libre pagado por enfermedad
- • Conexión a Internet gratuita
Fresno based unWired Broadband was founded in 2003 with the goal of delivering fast, reliable Internet connections to homes and businesses in rural and underserved areas. Strong demand, fueled by increasing needs for connectivity, have led to 20 years of continuous growth. We currently cover over 17,000 square miles between Elk Grove and the base of the Grapevine. Our 170 tower sites are strategically located to cover the rural and underserved areas that have been ignored by DSL, cable and fiber carriers.