Local Fresno Internet Service/Fixed Wireless Provider is continuing to see significant growth year over year and is seeking a Tower Climber. This position is responsible for installing various equipment on applicable towers, including new builds, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance as needed. This includes preparation and/or review of any necessary documentation as required for each location. We offer growth from within, an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Defined Benefits contributions, Profit Sharing, and Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered.
- • Participate in and carry out installation, repair, modification, optimization, or acceptance test procedures of wireless infrastructures and electrical equipment, installation of wireless infrastructure including but not limited to antennas, feed lines, fiber, shelters, self-support towers, and monopoles.
- • Perform necessary testing and troubleshooting by using the required test equipment and documenting results.
- • Isolate basic hardware, software, and air interface malfunctions utilizing various test equipment on multiple products and technologies.
- • Ensure accurate records are maintained for all jobs completed.
- • Provide for compliance per FCC and Tower Owner requirements by ensuring applicable procedures are followed at all times.
- • Ensure Tower Sites documentation is adequate (equipment, pictures, contact info, etc.) for each site location.
- • Provide for an effective Scheduled Tower Maintenance Plan by performing tower maintenance as assigned. This includes regular preventative maintenance schedules as well as an effective communication regarding inventory needs.
- • Maintains and services trucks and maintains vehicles and all tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- • Provide for safe and efficient installation of necessary equipment per the Installation Package provided.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Minimum 1-2 years’ hands on experience in Field Installation.
- • Must be able to complete and pass Tower Safety Program and Testing, and complete training for Fall Protection Systems.
- • Must be available for after hours and weekend work.
- • Knowledge of Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS
- • Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- • Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- • Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with all departments and software/hardware providers.
- • Must be highly organized with demonstrated ability to multi task.
- • Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- • Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- • Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- • Demonstrated attention to detail.
- • Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A good portion of the job is hands-on and requires the ability to work at heights of more than 100 feet. Must be able to read and see with own eyes and work with both hands both on the computer, or via hand held devices. This position requires the ability to climb, stretch, bend, twist and lift up to 50 lbs. as well as the ability to walk on uneven terrain, up and down stairs, climb up and down ladders, as well as climbing at heights in excess of 100 feet. Must be able to communicate verbally, observe with own eyes, read and analyze data and charts and give and receive information through listening and conversing. Must be able to work in a hot and cold environment, outside, at extreme heights, and within the office environment.
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org