Are you looking for a career? We want you to join our team! Local Fresno (Central Valley) Internet Service/Fixed Wireless Provider is continuing to see significant growth year over year and is seeking an experienced CCIE Certified Router Engineer to join their team.
We offer growth from within, an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Defined Benefits contributions, Profit Sharing, and Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Develop secure designs, maximizing the usage of equipment such as Routers, Hubs, Switches, etc.
- Analyze traffic behaviors, identifying and resolving any speed or security issues.
- Perform analysis, proper planning and testing as needed.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
- Assist in the development of the NCE Network Transport Architecture.
- Develop and implement detailed logical designs in areas of:
- Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (OSPF & BGPv4)
- IPv4 & IPv6 (will migrate to IPv6 over life of contract)
- Multicast architecture
- Routing Table Virtualization (VRFs)
- Juniper QFabric knowledge
- Understanding of Junos operating systems
- Cisco MPLS
- QOS and COS
- Security, IDS, VPN and various types of encryption
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and maintain the implemented transport solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Must possess Cisco Certified Infrastructure Engineer (CCIE) certification.
- Degree in IT or related field with 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a communications service provider environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, 3 and 4 networking and Cisco Catalyst 6500’s.
- IPv4 and IPv6 -Ability to design and deploy Cisco MPLS/VPN and VRF network cores -Ability to design and deploy QoS Enterprise wide.
- Experience with Cisco IDS –Anti-Virus Scanning appliances, IPTV, Remedy, Multicast, VMware, familiar with VDI deployment, VoIP Experience (VoIP), Multicast Expertise (IPTv), Familiarity with CIDRLs.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, VMWare, VNXe Data Storage systems experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Cisco Network and Security products –Juniper Netscreen, Secure Computing, Sidewinder and Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
- Knowledge of systems design and implementation in a database environment.
- Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Metro Ethernet Switching, VLAN’s, VLAN tagging, MPLS, OSPF, BGP switching and routing protocols.
- Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment.
- Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, climb; use arms, hands, fingers, and talk or hear. This position is primarily sedentary and requires the ability to view data on the internet and computer for long periods of time.
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration at email@example.com