Level I Tech Support
Are you looking for a career? We want you to join our team! Local Fresno Internet Service/Fixed Wireless Provider is continuing to see significant growth year over year and is seeking Field Installation Technicians. We offer growth from within, an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Defined Benefits contributions, Profit Sharing, and Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay.
The Level I Tech Support I will provide prompt and accurate technical support for all desktop PCs, printers, VOIP phones, and other devices. This person will provide the first line of customer support; they will be required to monitor and maintain any firmware, software, and security patches that may be required and related to day-to-day operations of the user-base.
A successful candidate for this position must be well-organized and demonstrate a strong capacity for following up to ensure the completion of tasks. They must have already shown a strong aptitude for written and verbal communication including the ability to interact with staff at all levels, and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner while keeping precise notes and updating information via an in-house ticketing system
- Build new desktops, laptops and tablets, including installing and updating Windows operating systems and other application software, or make modifications to existing equipment as required
- Perform day-to-day operating system, and application maintenance functions, including security patching and configuration management under the direction of senior IT staff members
- Order, track, and receive equipment while maintaining asset inventories
- Administer user accounts in an active directory domain
- Assist with the administration and creation of documentation
- Gather information and perform a variety of tasks related to accurately diagnosing issues that are reported via the ticketing system
- Follow up frequently on assigned tasks and ensure that tickets have up to date notes. Communicate any progress to the ticket submitter and all involved parties often
- Perform tasks as an individual contributor or as part of a project team
- Work with minimal supervision while maintaining a high quality of service
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of PC hardware/peripherals, Microsoft Office, Windows desktop operating systems, and basic networking fundamentals
- Ability to troubleshoot software, hardware, and connectivity issues, via phone, remote tools, and on location
- Basic Windows administration experience preferred, including but not limited to: modifying file/folder permissions, active directory accounts, Windows 7 troubleshooting, transferring user profiles, and a basic knowledge of the tools within computer management
- Must be able to take direction, manage priorities, and perform tasks with minimal supervision while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot simple desktop to server-, or desktop access-related issues
- Familiarity with MS Office products, including Visio, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Flexibility in a dynamically changing environment, acknowledging urgency when necessary
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times along with the ability to properly handle sensitive materials concerning the organization
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration at email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.