Installation Technician (Field)
Are you looking for a career? We want you to join our team! Local Fresno Internet Service/Fixed Wireless Provider is continuing to see significant growth year over year and is seeking Field Installation Technicians. We offer growth from within, an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Defined Benefits contributions, Profit Sharing, and Vacation/Sick/Holiday pay.
This position is responsible for initial contact with new and/or existing customers to schedule site surveys and/or installation of their service. This position is a critical element in the flow of our business. Requirements include the following (this list is not all inclusive).
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum criteria to be considered.
- Completes service work orders in an efficient, professional manner each day.
- Installs and sets up customer subscribing equipment for internet service.
- Installs cables and wiring according to work order specifications.
- Ensures cables and wiring installed are in compliance with fire codes.
- Tests and repairs cabling using required test equipment as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records for jobs completed.
- Responds to customer inquiries in accordance with company guidelines.
- Follows industry standards regarding safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains and services trucks and maintains vehicles in a clean and orderly manner.
- Schedules and delivers vehicles for maintenance and service, and maintains mileage logs.
- Maintains tools in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment preferred.
- Advanced skill in communicating orally and in writing with the general public.
- Experience in construction type of environments is ideal.
- Problem Solving: identifies and resolves problems timely; gathers and analyzes information effectively; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication Skills: speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; responds well to questions, presents effectively in group meetings or settings, ability to read and interpret written information.
- Interpersonal Skills: focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Must have a clean DMV record and the ability to travel as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, climb; use arms, hands, fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time in vehicle, climb ladder, stand and walk. Must be able to work in on roofs, in hot and cold environments as well as in attic and/or crawl spaces. Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Please submit resume and salary requirements for consideration at email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.